In English, we have been writing our own exhilarating ending to Kensuke’s Kingdom. In order to excite the reader, we have included direct speech, fronted adverbials and powerful adjectives and verbs. We have also been working collaboratively in our editing lessons and have been supporting each other with spelling, punctuation and grammar.
In Maths, we have been using our knowledge of addition and subtraction to work out word problems with multiply steps. As well as this, we have explored different methods we can use to help us prove and check our answers.
We have fully immersed ourselves in the art of printing, in particular mono-printing, and have been using a variety of tools, inks and paints to recreate the journey of a refugee. Our pictures are incredible!
- We will not be sending out a Guided Reading text this week as we will be focusing on reading comprehensions.
- Tuesday 17th December 2019 – Christmas lunch. Carols in the Courtyard from 2:50pm in the inner circle. R.E day.
- We would like to invite the children to bring in a board game on Thursday (19th) morning. Please note that the children are responsible for their own game and all the pieces that come with it.
- Friday 20th December 2019 – End of Autumn tern, early finish at 1:30pm.
- We will be sending home the children’s PE kits during the course of next week.
- Lots of the classrooms have unnamed and unclaimed uniform. If you think your child may be missing anything please ask your class teacher.