This week has been super; creative poetry writing, T-shirt logo and message designing, netball tournaments and maths games but it was a winning Monday.
We were thrilled to have a demonstration assembly and a fantastic BMX workshop in the blazing sunshine with Mike Mullen (http://www.bmxacademy.com/mike-mullen-bmx). Everyone developed their growth mindset and flearned (not a typo, ask your child). And that was on top of PE and LAMDA. What a super day!
We are working hard with the children on developing healthy friendships and how to have respectful relationships. As the children progress through Year 4 they are increasingly able to express themselves verbally. However, this has recently led to a number of instances when children in the class have been upset by what has been said to or about them. Please support us by talking to your children at home about the power of our words and how, if used wisely and sincerely, they can make others feel fantastic. Conversely, of course, words can be hurtful and are impossible to retract.
As I am sure your child will have told you, we had a Q and A session about the residential trip. Their enthusiasm and excitement is tangible. Less than 2 months to go! We have Learning Conversations coming up – any queries about the trip please do ask at that time.
1. If possible, please can you provide your child with an old T-Shirt that they can use to trial their design techniques on before completing their final piece later this half term (size, colour, condition of T-shirt does not really matter although cotton preferable to synthetic).
2. Please can children use a blue bag for school, ideally the school backpack.
Walk to School Competition
Defeat school run congestion and pollution with a design competition!
This is an incredible opportunity for your school to take part in a fun, engaging and educational competition. The 11 winning designs will be turned into more than 400,000 badges, made from recycled yoghurt-pot material, and will feature across the 2019/20 WOW challenge. The winners will also receive:
· WOW resources for their school
· Winner’s trophy
· School gate banner
· Bespoke press release from Living Streets
This year’s fantastic theme is INVENTIONS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD! Please return designs to Miss Glenister (Skylarks class) by end of day Wednesday 13th March 2019.
- No Premier Sports PE session (see Weds)
Wednesday: specialist Fives coaching at the University Sports Centre
- World Book Day We will not be dressing up but will be focusing on the pleasure of reading and sharing books with each other.
- Swimming will take place as normal.
Friday: Spring reports out.